According to Wikipedia, Motivation is the activation or energization of a goal-oriented behavior. You already know the goal: Trade show success. So are you actively trying to complete the steps you’ll need in order to achieve this success. At this point, only you know. But when it comes down to exhibiting at the show all attendees will know what kind of motivation you truly had. Prepared? If not, let’s get motivated.
What can you do to enhance your motivation and awaken the power that will push you toward accomplishing trade show success?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Set one major goal for the trade show along with a few minor goals. The minor goals will act as small stepping stones heading towards your major goal. An example of a major goal is: to obtain X amount of new contacts at the show. Your minor goals are the road map to get those X new contacts - a giveaway entry form, a sign up sheet to your newsletter, product or information mailings.
2. Understand that finishing what you start is important. Whatever you start must be finished. Develop the habit of going to the finish line. Keep a running list of goals with dates on completion. Plus, keep it in plain view to look at each day.
3. Ask around. Know of someone else attending the show. Pick their brain on what steps they are taking or plan to take. Then mold their advice to fit your needs.
4. Don’t procrastinate. Procrastination leads to fewer accomplishments. Need a flyer printed; don’t wait until 2 days before the show.
5. Persistence, patience and not giving up despite failure and difficulties keep up the motivation to succeed.
6. Constantly affirm to yourself that you can and will succeed.
7. Visualize yourself at the show feeling great about the steps you’ve taken. Be proud!
Ask us at Affordable Exhibit Displays how having the right trade show display can also help your motivation.